Copyright 2012 © Design by T&C Management Co, Inc
good. If you have tan lines that will show then try to lose them. It's always best not to have tan lines. Drink lots of water a few days before your shoot as it will help your complexion look its best. Get lots of rest and don't go out drinking or partying the night before your shoot. Without a doubt, you want look and feel good.
3. Prepare and Practice: Trained Models – "Utilize & express the basic poses, movement and rules that you have been taught… while accentuating your personality". Checkout some magazines where you see models that have the same look as you. Tear out the photos and bring them to the shoot. It sometimes helps freelance photographers and makeup artists get a better understanding of how to shoot you. Also, practice the different poses that you find the models doing in the magazines. As a New Model it's always good to know at least 12 different model poses. Practice your poses and fluidly switch them every three to five seconds. This will give you confidence and your shoot will be even better.
4. Do Not bring your friends or parents to your shoot: Many times new models will feel nervous or will look to their friend for approval and they become distracted. Sometimes even parents can intimidate the models. Many of us act differently around our parents than we normally would and it affects your look while shooting. Shooting is very much like acting and you have to feel good about giving the photographer the look he's shooting. The photographer could be telling you to look happy, candid, excited or mad; become sad, seductive, vulnerable, angry or sexy; whatever the look calls for, then the model should be able to demonstrate.
The following information, including 'Realities of Modeling', 'Photo-
Interested Models and New model prospects seeking scheduled interviews and or auditions for a "2-
Portfolio Shooting Tips
1. Clothes: Although your shoot consists of four outfits you want to bring as many as possible. This will help the photographer and makeup artist select what will look best for your photos.
Your clothes should be fashionable, form fitting, and solid bright colors works best.
You don't want your clothes to look big on you. It only results in making you look
Bigger than you really are. If you don't have many clothes then ask some of your
friends or go shopping for a few cool outfits. Often Models will shop specifically for
clothes to shoot and return them (in new condition) after the shoot. Some clothes may look great to shoot in but you wouldn't wear them out. Bring different color bras and underwear. Your shoes aren't as important because most shots will not show your feet. One look will be a full length shot and may show your feet so make sure yourshoes will match. No jewelry! Leave all your rings, watches, diamonds, gold, silver, wood, at home. Small ear rings like studs can sometimes work.
2. Body: If you think you need to lose a few pounds then start working-
You don't want any funk showing-
Realities of Modeling
· Modeling is by its very nature, is about 'sex appeal' (attractively appealing to consumers in a captivating way). Selling an attractive image is why models are hired. If a model can't put forward a confident image with the knowledge that it is his/her body/figure on display, they are in the wrong field.
· Shyness is not a good quality for a model. Fashion shows may not have separate dressing rooms. Photo shoots may not have private changing facilities. Clients or scouts may opt to take your measurements to see if you fit the mould.
· A lot of people are in this industry for less-
· Models have to be healthy. Models must take care of themselves and be willing to do the work necessary to maintain a marketable image. Even plus-
· Models must constantly educate themselves. It is vital a model understands the world of fashion and the expectations involved. This means keeping up-
· Rejection is more common than acceptance. When a model competes for a job she is up against several other models. Not everyone can get the job. Quite often the rejection will be cold and flat with no apologies or explanation. Other times there will be an explanation, and it won't be sugarcoated. It is not to be taken personal -
· Modeling is seldom glamorous. There is the opportunity to travel, meet amazing people, be seen by a lot of people, and make a lot of money, but it is a lot of work. Photo-
All new model prospects (models not represented and unsigned by an agency) need to know certain realities and essentials, while constantly studying and keeping up with current trends. The modeling industry is very discriminatory. While Ethnic and Racial Diversity standards in modeling have improved recently, having outstanding Beauty, Sex Appeal and Physical Attractiveness are the trademark and foundation of the industry. There are generally more models and hopefuls that meet the criteria than there are modeling jobs. Opportunities for exposure and experience are limited for those that live far from major market areas. However, model prospects that advance and go on to become notably successful have significant character qualities in common, regardless of their origin, race or ethnicity. In the beginning, development of these personal attributes consistently distinguishes them from their peers.
Determination & Desire
Fashion Photographers, Make-
Attitude & Punctuality
Something that you will become very accustomed to in the modeling industry is the 'hurry-
Knowledge & Aptitude
In any profession, your knowledge, ability and aptitude determine and directly affect your Marketability, Profitability and Income. The first step is to know that you are individually responsible for providing Professional Fashion Photography, Headshots, a Portfolio and Comp-
A great place to start and improve your modeling aptitude is www.modelresource.com on the Internet. I recommend beginning with the Getting Started topic button. Here you will find more detailed information such as Realities of Modeling. There's also plenty of information on Model Types, Characteristics, Runway Techniques, Skin Care, Arranging Your Portfolio, Health & Fitness and more. Although there is no substitute for direct personal training, you are two steps ahead of the majority when you utilize accurate resources.
Free Tips, Info, & Advice